What do you want to know
- Microsoft searches for the best Windows apps in the Microsoft Store.
- Nominations for applications are now open and will close on March 31, 2022.
- Users can designate multiple applications by filling out the form multiple times.
Microsoft wants to know which Windows apps people like. The company has opened nominations for the best apps available through the Microsoft Store. In addition to recognizing good apps, Microsoft wants to “inspire others to create beautiful and useful apps for Windows.”
You can nominate your favorite app by filling out a form from Microsoft. If you want to designate more than one application, you can complete a separate form for each one.
There are a few conditions for apps to be nominated:
- Must be publicly listed in the Microsoft Store on Windows in at least one market by the end of March
- Must have 100% functionality on Windows 11, not just Windows 10
- Must have a rating of 3.5 stars or higher with at least 50 rating entries
- Must have been released or have received significant updates within the last 12 months
Microsoft’s entry has a section describing why an app deserves a nomination. There is also a checklist of outstanding app qualities, such as extensive use of Windows features, pleasing appearance, usefulness, and providing unique features.
Our list of the best Windows apps should get you started if you’re looking for apps to name.
Microsoft stresses that its form is not part of a voting process. It’s only to receive nominations for people’s favorite apps. Nominations are open now and will close on March 31, 2022 at midnight Pacific Time.